Editing Text Columns or Swimlane Labels for Version 6.0
Editing Individual Text Column Cells
By default, text columns and swimlane labels are generated automatically based on data in the Microsoft Project or Microsoft Excel source plan. However, they can be edited manually.
Use the following two step procedure:
1) Right clicking any additional text column cell will bring up the following context menu:
2) Choose the Edit text command to edit a text column cell. The Enter text form (shown below) will appear in which the text column cell information can be added, changed, or deleted.
Editing All Text Column Cells in a Row Using the OnePager Tool Bar
1) When a project view has multiple additional Text Columns displayed you will find it more efficient to edit the text in these cells using the editing tools on the OnePager tool bar.
2) Suppose we want to change the font size and font color of the additional text column cell's contents in a particular row. We can do this in a few steps:
- a) First, use a left-click to select the row by clicking in either of the text column cells as shown below:
- b) Once the text column cells are selected, go to the Font section of the tool bar and, for example, increase the font sizes in these two cells as shown below:
- c) Finally, we'll change the selected text column cell's context by changing the text's color from black to red. To do this, use the OnePager tool bar's text Color Chooser as shown below to do this::
3) When you have a project view with single or multiple Additional Text Column you can us the editing tools on the OnePager tool bar to edit the text in the cells selected.
- a) Do left-click in any Additional Text Column text cell will select the entire row and activate the tool bars editing tools. Where there are multiple text column cells selected, any editing actions will apply to all selected cells.
- b) The editing tools available are in the Font, Format, and Alignment groups of the tool bar.
- c) Additionally, the left-click can be used in combination with the CTL key to select multiple non-contiguous rows or with the Shift key to select a set of contiguous rows for text cell editing.
- d) Using the editing tools on the OnePager tool bar is a faster way to edit Additional Text Column text cell on your project view.
Editing An Individual Text Column Cells in a Row Using the OnePager Tool Bar
1) The previous section described how to edit all text column cells in a row using the OnePager tool bar. There is a way to edit an individual text column cell in a row where there are multiple text columns by selecting the desired text column cell with what is called a slow double-click.
2) The slow double-click is a two-step set of actions on your mouse left click key.
- a) First, position the mouse on the text column cell you which to select. Do a first left-click as shown below:
- b) Next, wait between a half-second and two-seconds before doing your second left-click and you should have a result as shown here:
- c) When performed in this sequence with the appropriate delay between successive clicks, OnePager will select a single text column cell as shown below:
Editing Swimlane Labels
1) Right clicking a swimlane label will bring up the following context menu:
2) Choose the Edit swimlane label command to edit the swimlane label. The Enter text form (shown below) will appear in which the label text can be added, changed, or deleted.