Using OnePager Pro with Server Resident Project Plans for Version 6.1 (Portal)
1) OnePager Pro (OPP) provides expanded cloud access capabilities by supporting access to Microsoft Project Server and Project Online accounts.
2) OPP can connect to cloud resident databases so that project views and snapshots can be created/updated directly from these source plans.
3) Additionally, OPP supports access to multiple accounts, searches of online databases for specific source plans, and online security protocols. With this feature, you are able to access Microsoft Project source plans from the cloud and use the OPP Add-in and Desktop applications to create, update, and open project views.
1) Both OnePager Pro Add-in and Desktop support accessing your cloud resident files without the assistance of Microsoft Project Professional. Additionally, both products can create, update, and open multi-project project views from source packages consisting of more than one Microsoft Project source plan. See the article at: Creating Various Multi-Project Views with OnePager Pro and Express (Portal).
2) However, due to technical differences between Microsoft Project source plans resident on your computer and those that are cloud resident (i.e., Microsoft Project Server or Project Online), caution is recommended when mixing source plans from different media (i.e., your computer and the cloud).
3) As a protection, both OnePager Pro Add-in and Desktop prohibit, to the extent possible, the combination of source plans from differing media being incorporated into a single source package for the purpose of creating a NEW project view or for UPDATING an existing project view.
4) As an additional precaution, please be mindful of the setting of the Server method in the Template and PVP form's Advanced tabs. This setting is critical to inform OPP Add-in of whether to access the cloud resident source plan directly or to access it via Microsoft Project.
Using OnePager Pro with Server Resident Project Plans
Both OnePager Pro products (Add-in and Desktop) support access to your Microsoft Project Server or Project Online accounts.
Using OnePager Pro Add-in
1) If you are planning to use OPP Add-in, you are able to easily connect and access you accounts from Microsoft Project Professional (before launching OPP). We recommend that you use Microsoft Project Professional to connect, access, and verify before launching OPP Add-in from the Microsoft Project Professional tool bar.
- a) Once connected and account access is verified through Microsoft Project Professional, use the OPP Add-in application as you normally would to create NEW project views, UPDATE existing project views, or simply OPEN existing project views.
- b) Please use the article referenced below to guide your use of OPP Add-in in the Microsoft Project Server or Project Online environments.
- c) If you are UPDATING and previously set the Server method in the Template or PVP for's Advanced tab to Connect directly to Server, you should open the PVPform and change it to Use MS Project Professional if you want to use Microsoft Project to access the source data.
|Using OnePager Pro Add-In with Server Resident Project Plans|
Using OnePager Pro Desktop
2) If you are planning to use OPP Desktop, the product supports connecting, accessing, and verifying your Microsoft Project Server or Project Online accounts.
3) This article describes in detail how to use OPP Desktop to first connect, access, and verify access to your Microsoft Project Server or Project Online accounts. The article continues with specific tips on creating NEW project views, UPDATING existing project views, and OPENING existing project views.
|Using OnePager Pro Desktop with Server Resident Project Plans|
Please refer to these two Frequently Asked Questions if you are having problems: