Sharing Project Views with Older Versions of OnePager for Version 6.1
- 1 About Sharing Project Views with Older Versions of OnePager
- 2 Saving Project View Data for OnePager Versions 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.0, and 6.1 Users
- 3 Using a Project View File Built from a Previous Version of OnePager
- 4 Saving Project View Data from OnePager 6.1 with Data-Driven Task Links and Time Axis Cells with Modified Cell Widths
- 5 Saving Project Views with More than One Text Column
About Sharing Project Views with Older Versions of OnePager
1) With OnePager versions 5.2, 5.3, 6.0 and 6.1 we made usability changes to our file management approach to make it more consistent with the way other Microsoft Windows applications operate.
2) Since there can be situations where you need to share project view files (.TAM) with users who are using previous versions of OnePager, we provide the capability to save your project view data back to previous versions.
3) There are some exceptions, however, where features in later versions are incompatible with previous versions. In these cases, we make every attempt to obtain backward compatibility but this is not always possible.
4) Below, we discuss those cases where such backward compatibility issue exist.
Saving Project View Data for OnePager Versions 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.0, and 6.1 Users
1) To save a project view .TAM file for OnePager versions 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.0, or 6.1 users, from the Project View Editor (PVE) select the Save As tab from the ribbons File tab as shown below:
2) When you click the Save As button shown above, the Save As project view form appears with the project view name as a .TAM in the form’s File name window.
3) To save the .TAM for OnePager versions 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.0 or 6.1, click the dropdown button on the Save as type: window and the saving options appear as shown below:
4) Click the desired Save as type: option and the system saves the File name .TAM in the format desired.
5) The dropdown list shown above provides additional options for saving the project view as an image in various formats as well.
Using a Project View File Built from a Previous Version of OnePager
1) OnePager version 6.1 can accept project view input formats from older versions of OnePager back to version 4.0.
2) When opening a project view .TAM file, OnePager version 6.1 automatically converts the file to the OnePager version 6.1 file structure. You can then process this file as you would any other project view.
3) As a note of caution, when sharing project views built with OnePager versions prior to version 5.0, OnePager Pro (OPP) and Express (OPX) version 5.3 is only able to Save project view files for OPP and OPX versions 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, or 5.3.
4) Reversion back to a OPP and OPX version prior to version 5.0 is not supported.
5) As discussed below, when version specific features and data are stripped from a project view that is saved at a lower version level, these feature specific formats and data are not retrievable when attempting to use a project view from a lower version level with a higher version level of OnePager Add-in or Desktop.
Saving Project View Data from OnePager 6.1 with Data-Driven Task Links and Time Axis Cells with Modified Cell Widths
1) OnePager 6.1 is the first release of OnePager Pro or Express to be able to show data-driven Task Links and to support Time Axis cells of varying width and height.
2) Since previous versions of OnePager did not support these features, saving a OnePager 6.1 project view with data-driven Task Links and unequal Time Axis cells to previous OnePager versions is not supported.
- a) When saving OnePager 6.1 project views containing data-driven Task Links to OnePager 6.0 or earlier formats, OnePager 6.1 strips away all data-driven Task Link information from the project view. The data-driven Task Link data is not retrievable once it is stripped from the project view that was saved at a version level lower than OnePager 6.1.
- b) OnePager 6.1 saves all manual Task Links to lower lever versions of OnePager since manual Task Links (AKA Even Links) are supported by OnePager 6.0 and earlier versions.
- c) Before saving a OnePager 6.1 project view with unequal Time Axis cells to OnePager 6.0 or earlier formats, OnePager 6.1 reverts the unequal cells to a uniform width and height.
- d) For more information on saving OnePager 6.1 project views to previous versions see the section at this article: Saving OnePager 6.1 Project Views to Previous Versions.
Saving Project Views with More than One Text Column
1) The Text Column feature was introduced into OnePager version 6.0 and continues to be supported.
2) Saving a OnePager 6.0 or 6.1 project view with more than one Text Column to a version level lower than OnePager 6.0 causes the project view to be stripped of any Text Columns to the right of the first (or left-most) column and saved to the lower version level with only the one Row Label column and header.
3) It is not possible to retrieve the content and format of any multiple Text Columns once they are stripped from the project view and saved at the lower version level.