Percent complete for Version 6.1 (OnePager Pro)
About Modifying Percent Complete
Percent complete displays are driven by the percent complete field data imported from the Microsoft Project source plan. Not every task in a Microsoft Project source plan has percent complete data associated with it. Percent complete data for milestones are usually either zero (0%) or totally (100%) complete. When you want to display percent complete information, it is essential that these data be properly represented in the associated Microsoft Project source plan before the data are imported to OnePager Pro (OPP).
Modifying All Task Percent Complete Displays
All task percent complete displays may be modified without changing the settings in the current Template by using the following steps:
1) Click the Project-View Properties (PVP) button on the Home ribbon in the Settings group.
2) Next, navigate to either the Task Bars tab.
3) Ensure that the %Complete checkbox is checked and then click the %Complete Properties button as shown below:
4) There are two sets of controls in the Set percent-complete properties form:
- (1) For changing the properties of the percent complete bar and
- (2) To change the properties of the percent complete related text.
- a) Checking the Show percent-complete bars checkbox activates controls over the color of the percent complete bar displayed in the task and the height of the percent complete bar within the task bar as a percent of the total task (Gantt bar) height.
- i) Clicking the %Complete color dropdown menu will bring up the standard Color Chooser which allows you to set the specific color for the percent complete bar.
- ii) You can also use the %Complete height control to set the relative height of the percent complete bar as a percentage of the total task bar height.
- iii) When selecting a percentage for the percent complete bar height, recall that task bars can vary in height through manual editing. Therefore, applying this control to all task bars will result in varying heights for the percent complete bar as well.
- b) Checking the Show percent-complete text checkbox will activate control for the percent complete text (numerical) associated with the task. You can choose to display the percent complete bar only, the percent complete text only, or both using these two checkboxes. When activated, you have the following controls to modify the appearance of the percent complete information for all task bars:
- i) The %Complete font controls respond exactly as other text font controls found elsewhere in OnePager. Clicking the %Complete font dropdown menu button will bring up the standard Set font properties form that was explained above.
- ii) Similarly, the Label position dropdown menu button gives you access to the eight available positions to place the percent complete text.
- iii) Finally, the Separator dropdown menu button provides you with eight options for separating the percent complete text from the task bar label.
5) When the %Complete checkbox is checked and both the Show percent-complete bars and Show percent-complete text checkboxes are checked in the Set percent-complete properties form, the percent complete information for tasks will look like this:
Modifying Individual Task Percent Complete Display
The default settings for displaying percent complete information for individual task can be modified by using the following steps:
1) You can select the task by right-clicking on it to reveal the context menu with the Format… command or click the Format… button on the Home ribbon after selecting the desired tasks/milestones.
2) Either way, click the Format... command to bring up the Change Marker Properties form. Then, select the Percent Complete tab in the Change Marker Properties form which looks like this:
3) Go to the Percent Complete tab as shown above which controls the display of the percent complete (%) bar on the selected task and the placement of the numeric text for percent complete information:
- a) The Show Percent Complete checkbox allows you to turn on and off the display of percent complete information for the selected task.
- b) When the Show Percent Complete checkbox is checked, you have the option to display either the Percent Complete bar within the selected task or the Percent Complete numeric text or both by checking the appropriate checkboxes as illustrated below:
- c) If you check the Show %Complete Label checkbox, OnePager will display the numeric value of the percent complete in a position you determine by selecting an option from the dropdown menu to the right of the Show %Complete Label checkbox as illustrated here:
- d) Clicking the %Complete Font dropdown button will bring up the standard Font properties form which can be used to change the font properties of the %Complete label and numeric text.
- e) The Use %Complete Defaults button bar, when clicked, will change the task’s %Complete properties to those currently specified as global in the current Template form.