Percent complete for Version 6.1 (OnePager Pro)
About Modifying Percent Complete
1) Percent complete displays are driven by the Percent complete field data imported from the Microsoft Project source plan. The Microsoft Project %Complete field is the default. You have the option to change the name of the Microsoft Project field.
2) Not every task in a Microsoft Project source plan has Percent complete data associated with it.
3) Percent complete data for milestones are usually either zero (0%) or totally (100%) complete.
4) When you want to display Percent complete information, it is essential that these data be properly represented in the associated Microsoft Project source plan before the data are imported to OnePager Pro (OPP).
Modifying All Task Percent Complete Displays
1) All task Percent complete displays are modified without changing the settings in the current Template by using the following steps:
- a) Click the Project-View Properties (PVP) button on the Home ribbon in the Settings group.
- b) Next, navigate to either the Task Bars tab.
- c) Ensure that the Percent complete checkbox is checked and then click the %Complete Properties button as shown below:
2) There are three checkbox controls in the Set percent-complete properties form:
- a) The first is associated with the new feature in OnePager Pro 6.1 for Honoring non-working times when OnePager Pro 6.1 represents Percent complete when Non-Working Times are being considered in the project view.
- b) For changing the properties of the percent complete bar and
- c) To change the properties of the percent complete related text.
3) Checking the Honoring non-working times checkbox ON tells OnePager Pro 6.1 to consider the inclusion of Non-Working Times in the representation of %Complete in the project view. For more information, please see the section at: Managing Working Hours and Non-Working Hours for OnePager Pro - The Honor Non-Working Time Feature.
4) Checking the Show percent-complete bars checkbox enables controls over the color of the percent complete bar displayed in the task and the height of the percent complete bar within the task bar as a percent of the total task (Gantt bar) height.
- a) Clicking the %Complete color dropdown menu accesses the standard Color Chooser which allows you to set the specific color for the percent complete bar.
- b) You can also use the %Complete height control to set the relative height of the Percent complete bar as a percentage of the total task bar height.
- c) When selecting a percentage for the percent complete bar height, recall that task bars can vary in height through manual editing. Therefore, applying this control to all task bars results in varying heights for the percent complete bar as well.
5) Checking the Show percent-complete text checkbox enables control for the percent complete text (numerical) associated with the task. You can choose to display the percent complete bar only, the percent complete text only, or both using these two checkboxes. When enabled, you have the following controls to modify the appearance of the percent complete information for all task bars:
- a) The %Complete font controls respond exactly as other text font controls found elsewhere in OnePager. Clicking the %Complete font dropdown menu button accesses the standard Set font properties form that was explained above.
- b) Similarly, the Label position dropdown menu button gives you access to the eight available positions to place the percent complete text.
- c) Finally, the Separator dropdown menu button provides you with eight options for separating the percent complete text from the task bar label.
5) When the %Complete' checkbox is checked ON and both the Show percent-complete bars and Show percent-complete text checkboxes are checked in the Set percent-complete properties form, the percent complete information for tasks looks like this:
Modifying Individual Task Percent Complete Display
The default settings for displaying Percent complete information for individual task can be modified by using the following steps:
1) You can select the task by right-clicking on it to reveal the context menu with the Format… command or click the Format… button on the Home ribbon after selecting the desired tasks/milestones.
2) Either way, click the Format... command to access the Change Marker Properties form. Then, select the Percent Complete tab in the Change Marker Properties form which looks like this:
3) Go to the Percent Complete tab as shown above which controls the display of the Percent complete (%) bar on the selected task and the placement of the numeric text for Percent complete information:
- a) The Show Percent Complete checkbox allows you to turn ON and OFF the display of Percent complete information for the selected task.
- b) When the Show Percent Complete checkbox is checked ON, you have the option to display either the Percent Complete bar within the selected task or the Percent Complete numeric text or both by checking the appropriate checkboxes as illustrated below:
- c) If you check the Show %Complete Label checkbox ON, OnePager displays the numeric value of the Percent complete in a position you determine by selecting an option from the dropdown menu to the right of the Show %Complete Label checkbox as illustrated here:
- d) Clicking the %Complete Font dropdown button accesses the standard Font properties form which can be used to change the Font properties of the %Complete label and numeric text.
- e) The Use %Complete Defaults button bar, when clicked, changes the task’s %Complete properties to those currently specified as global in the current Template form.