Creating Another New Project View - OnePager Express Add-in for Version 5.3
Often, there is more than one audience that is interested in seeing a schedule presented for a project and each audience may want to see different elements of the schedule. With OnePager, you can create different project views for the same project from the same Microsoft Excel plan. This is accomplished by inserting two or more Flag fields into Microsoft Excel plan’s columns and instructing OnePager to produce additional project views using these alternative flag fields.
For example, Show IT1 may be used to produce the OnePager project view for an executive team, while Show IT2 may be used as the flag for internal presentations. Further, Show IT3 may be reserved to produce and update project views for customer. By inserting these three flag fields into the Microsoft Excel plan and appropriately populating the cells with Yes” and “No, three different project views can be prepared, have snapshots added to them, and updated or replaced as needed.
The steps to accomplish this process are similar to creating a NEW project view, but differ slightly:
1) Launch Microsoft Excel and bring up the desired Microsoft Excel plan.
2) Insert any additional flag columns into the Microsoft Excel plan. These added flag columns will use to determine which Microsoft Excel plan rows to import. Determine which of the task/milestone rows in the Microsoft Excel plan are to be included and set the flag cell to Yes leaving the remainder of the task/milestone row’s flag field set to No.
3) Click the OnePager' button on the Microsoft Excel tool bar. OnePager will bring up the OnePager Express Start form. Click the NEW button:
4) OnePager will display a OnePager choices (OPC) form as shown below:
5) When you create another project view we suggest that you give the new project view with the alternate flag a new name that is suggestive of the different audience. Each project view or .TAM file has its own unique file name and path name so to avoid confusion it is best to create unique file names when creating another project view from the same Microsoft Project source file that uses an alternative flag field.
6) Once satisfied with the project view name and selection of flag field, click the Create new project view button (if you did not check the Show column mappings checkbox) or the Next> button (if you did check the Show column mappings checkbox) to create the project view. OnePager will import the data from the Microsoft Excel plan under the control of Show It2.