Managing the Legend in the Project View for OnePager Live
About the Legend
Groups of tasks and milestones that share an entry in the legend can have their color and shape modified in one simple operation.
This is a fast way of changing several tasks or milestones at once, and is an alternative to some of the other methods discussed elsewhere ( Manual Editing 9.0.1-OPL).
The following steps show you how to show/hide the legend, re-position and resize the legend, and hide/unhide the legend items:
Showing and Hiding the Legend
1) To hide/unhide the legend, follow the steps described below.
2) Go to the View tab, and locate the Legend checkbox. Uncheck the checkbox to hide the legend, as shown below:
3) To unhide the legend after hiding it, ensure that the Legend checkbox is checked.
Moving and Resizing the Legend
4) To move or resize the legend, follow the steps below.
5) Left clicking anywhere on the legend will select it, as shown below:
6) After selecting the legend, you can:
- a) Drag the legend to any other location in the project view.
- b) Use the grab boxes to stretch the legend to the desired size.
Showing and Hiding Individual Legend Items
7) In addition to hiding the entire legend, you can hide individual legend items. This is useful if the legend has duplicate entries and needs to be simplified.
8) To hide a legend item in the legend, right click the desired legend item, as shown below:
9) Uncheck the Show legend item checkbox.
10) Legend items can always be unhidden later. To do so, right click the legend (near the title) and select Unhide all items from the context menu: